Marmot Helium 15 Sleeping Bag
How does the Marmot Helium 15 Sleeping Bag hold up? Check out the latest and it will become one of your most essential pieces of gear.
The Marmot Helium 15 Sleeping Bag rates as a 3-season mummy bag. It stuffs smaller than a bread box which allows the avid camper to take it almost anywhere. Filled with very ultralight, lofty and power goose down providing an ultimate weight to warmth ratio for this bag. The Marmot Helium 15 Sleeping Bag has a nylon shell repels water with its sleek finish allowing moisture to bead up and roll off with ease.
- Superb warmth to weight to loft ratio
- Fits perfect for anyone 5’10”, 180 lbs or greater
- Comfortable with enough room and traps and retains heat efficiently
- The hood works well enough to be able to cinch everything tight leaving a hole small enough for your mouth and nose. Most bags have the cinch cords that bite into your face and normally the hood has an inefficient amount of cushioning and loft. The Marmot Helium 15 Sleeping Bag hood has excellent cushioning and loft that will keep you warm for it also has a very comfortable padding for the two cinch cords.
- Packs down very small
- Zipper is almost snag proof
- Temperature rating might not be low enough for some.
- Sometimes you have to be cautious on the zipper but it’s hard to find any bags that don’t have any zipper issues from time to time.
- May have a huge face opening in the hood for some people which may allow draft to enter
This bag is one of the best. Marmot puts out a superior product which makes them stand out above the competition. Overall the positives of the The Marmot Helium 15 Sleeping Bag makes this a good recommendation for all level campers.